Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mae Govannen!

Welcome to my blog! I'm known as Phwoosh, Master Sewstress, and Anny. Here I hope to share with the world my creations, the adventures of Phwoosh, and a little bit of what I've learned in my 21 short years. This morning, however, nothing will be shared, as nothing is really going on. I'm temporarily off World of Warcraft and I have no pictures of anything I've made in the last year.

Since I'm in a type-y mood, however, I shall tell anyone interested about my names.

Phwoosh: This started as a little joke, and then I made it real. I knew I couldn't play World of Warcraft (WoW) until I got out of school. My grades would have died. Instead, I watched my dad and my fiancee play and I told them I was going to be a Gnome warlock named Fwoosh, and I was going to run around on my mammoth and beat people with my epic fishing pole while wearing some huge engineered goggles. Translation for non-nerds- I was going to be a very cute two and a half foot tall humanoid that rode around on a huge woolly mammoth beating people with a funny-looking fishing pole whilst wearing a pair of Steampunk goggles. The day before I graduated from OSU, my fiancee bought me WoW, and I started playing two days later with the name Phwoosh, since Fwoosh was taken. I got my reputation up with Sons of Hodir and bought an Ice Mammoth, and I got my reputation up with the Kalu'ak and got my epic Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole. I am one material away from my goggles.

Master Sewstress: My husband calls me this because I made him some Jedi tunics. I keep it up because I've sewn other things for other people and it's just a funny name.

Anny: I've been called Anny (pronounced Annie) ever since I can remember. It's short for Annastazia (pronounced Anastasia), since my mom's dad can't say my full name. My parents and little sister call me Anny, and when my college buddies figured out that I like being called Anny more than Anna, most of them switched. I picked up Anna in elementary school when I moved to a new town and there was already an Annie. That stuck through the rest of elementary, all of middle, and all of high school. By the time I got to college, it was just habit to introduce myself as Anna. I prefer the original.

So now I will leave you with Lesson 1, and stop bothering everyone.

Lesson #1: Near-death experiences are the perfect cure for suicidal thoughts.

-Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment